Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • etterick
    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 30, 2002
      Since this list covers so many regions, I have a crossbow legal
      question. Has anyone had legal problems or know of any laws against
      the use of or the ownership of crossbows in target archery? I know
      that there are numerous laws about the use of crossbows in hunting in
      different states and countries but I don't know of any for target
      use. Also, has anyone had trouble using a crossbow at a local range
      or archery club?

      Thanks

      Duncan
    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 42 of 42 , May 2, 2002
        On 3 May 2002 at 1:43, hanhebin wrote:

        > I would recheck these facts because unless you have some kind of
        > special permit you can still be cited for illegally tranporting a
        > weapon to and from a practice. Here in Utah transporting a strung
        > crossbow and bolts even in the trunk of your car is classified as
        > transporting a loaded weapon.

        I was commenting only on CT laws -- YMMV. =)

        YIS,
        Macsen