another book suggestion, and my thanks

  • lesley fedewa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2002
      Don't forget the book "The Crossbow" by Payne-Gallwey. The crossbow was an
      important (and deadly) addition to all the other types of bows used in
      medieval times....it wasn't outlawed for nothing. :-) (Can you tell I'm a
      loyal crossbow shooter?)

      My thanks to everyone who gave me info on the Jr Royal Round. We had lots
      of youth shooters at the Andelcrag event yesterday (well, about 12, but
      that's a good amount for kids) and I think a good time was had by all of
      them. It didn't hurt that one of the novelty shoots was shooting at paper
      circles to win the amount of money printed on the back (dimes, nickels and
      quarters).

      If anyone has an ideas for kid fun shoots, let me know. We've done stuffed
      animals, balloons, tin pie plates with scores on them, and money shoots.
      Oh, and a munchkin shoot....

      I remain, yours in service,
      Muriel of Three Walls

      Canton of Three Walls, Barony of Andelcrag
      Middle Kingdom