new group to join

  • James De Warrenne
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2002
      As much as I like the current list, and also like the idea of the new IKAC
      list, lets all please remember something else.

      Not everyone in the SCA is on these lists. Nor do some have access to the
      internet.

      The lists get a very small amount of input due to these facts.

      Also, once a decision is made concerning ANYTHING with the rules of any part
      of the SCA, isn't it part of the job of all officers to get that information
      to kingdom level, then to regional, then local who then passes that new
      information and rules out?

      As some of you may have noted, I didn't know about the change of ruling
      concerning APD on the rapier field. If I was not on this list, I still
      wouldn't know. How long does information take to get from BOD to the local
      level?

      I have always thought that officers are supposed to get the information out
      to the next lower level so it can get to the general populace. Cause I
      certainly don't have the time to go asking every day if new rules have come
      out.

      Is there a communication problem that needs to be addressed?

      Ld James
      Archery Marshal
      deputy reeve
      Shire of Tempio