Re: question about appropriate topics

  • conradvonzollern
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16 8:41 PM
      Hmmm,

      There is one significant problem with that statement; this group's
      owner / moderator does not seem to agree with you...

      Actually, I can see both sides of this discussion.

      There are going to be "purists" on each side and on both lists;
      therefore, I propose a different solution:

      Give the IKCAC it's own discussion group.

      I present to all of you:

      "SCA-IKCAC ยท InterKingdom Combat Archery Competition"

      Anyone who shoots or marshals IKCACs is welcome to join. Anybody who
      doesn't, won't have to wade through our discussions.

      YIS,

      Conrad von Zollern

      (who happens to be interested in
      all three aspects of SCA archery:
      TARGET, COMBAT, AND INTERKINGDOM
      COMBAT ARCHERY COMPETITIONS)

      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., archer3@w... wrote:

      I seem to recall a very heated discussion a few years back that hit on
      this very subject. The final "ruling" was that the IKCAC was indeed a
      target archery issue as the missiles being used (wherever they might
      be legal for combat archery) were being shot at inanimate objects on a
      target range. Armor was not an issue at that time and by the rules
      still isn't IMHO. Minimum Society wide rules are just that. However
      distasteful this subject may be to some on this list I believe it
      belongs here.

      Damian >>~~~>