The Crossbow, Payne-Gallwey

  • grey_taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2002
      I was at a local art supply store a short bit ago. In their book
      section I found a copy of Sir Ralph Payne-Gallwey's book; The
      crossbow, mediaeval and modern, military and sporting, its
      construction, history & management with a treatise on balista and
      catapult of the ancients, and an appendix on the catapult, balista &
      the Turkish bow.

      The book appears to be new with dustjacket and sports an ISBN number
      of 0-946323-14-3, selling price is $22.48; publisher is The Holland
      Press. I didn't write down which edition this was but I think it was
      late 1990's.

      A quick search on Amazon.com shows this edition to only be available
      as used through them. Amazon's used sources list it from $25 to $45.

      I don't personally shoot crossbows but I thought someone here may be
      interested in the book.

      The store is Art Supply Warehouse, 6672 Westminster Blvd. Westminster
      CA, 714-891-3626

      Taillear