Re: [SCA-Archery] 40 inch arrow shafts?

  • Marko Peussa
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2002
      Glad to read that someone else is shooting with the japanese bow in the SCA,
      too!

      I encountered the same problem but managed to find a local supplier. They
      were kind enough to modify their tool in order to make longer shafts. The
      shaft material is pine and it seems to work fine. But unfortunately, I'm
      located in Finland 8-(

      For bamboo shafts, I'd recommend contacting the Japanese bow and arrow
      shops, such as Koyama Kyugu.

      http://www.koyama-kyugu.com/

      Don't get depressed by the english Attention! text on the front page. We
      finnish kyudokas order almost all our gear from this shop.

      Klaus