Re: Rewarding authentic equip.

  • Jake deTwelfoaks
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 1999
      Ok, time for a lurker to pipe-up (that's me) 8^)

      What about the Order of the Sagitarius?? This is an Order of High Merit
      here in the East that goes to archers, similar to the Order of the Tygers
      Combattant.

      Perhaps another Eastern archer can detail some of the qualites an archer
      must show in order to become a companion of this Order.

      My tuppence

      Jake
      who likes to look period, but also likes the "user friendiness" of modern
      equipment
    • Wade Hutchison
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 1999
        Ok - I'm game, and I have some folks in my local area interested.
        I'm off to Pennsic this Saturday, so we'll have to discuss things
        on-list after the 23rd of August. Anybody at the 'great faire'
        this year feel free to look me up - Camping with a small group
        called 'House O' or look for me in the Mountain Confederation camp.
        -----Gille MacDhnouill

        At 08:48 PM 8/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >From: Karl Sandhoff <eulenhorst@...>
        >
        >I'm game. My personal preference would be for a period free association
        >with a baldric/tabard/badge for identification.
        >Carolus von Eulenhorst
        >
        >On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:32:23 -0400 Wade Hutchison <whutchis@...>
        >writes:
        >>From: Wade Hutchison <whutchis@...>
        >>
        >>Well, to go about this with a more 'medieval' approach, we could
        >>form an inter-kingdom liveried company. The biggest hurdle to
        >>overcome would be the choice of time period and nationalility.
        >>Personally, I'm more interested in the 15th century/War of the Roses
        >>right now. Many others might be more interested in 100 YW, or
        >>Welsh wars.
        <snippage>