Seeking information....

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 1999
      from the more experienced shooters. I am an entry level archer, and would
      like to acquire opinions on the Martin Longbow... the Stick model to be
      exact... my draw is 27"... 30#.

      Gracious thanks

      Marie
    • James Koch
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 1999
        At 06:54 PM 10/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
        > " Gracious thanks Marie

        Marie,

        I can't comment on the "Stick" ML-9 model, but I have been shooting a ML-14
        for many years which I bought 3rd hand. It is an excellent bow. The major
        difference between the two models is that the ML-14 has an arrow shelf.
        The stick is therefore more authentic in my opinion. The Stick looks like
        a good deal to me. I was recommending it to a lady in our group. A
        company called bowsonline has them for $157.99 which is the best price I
        have seen for a major brand bow new.

        Jim Koch
        James Koch
      • KC
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 1999
          Marie,

          I used to sell Martin bows and the Stick was one of my best sellers. It is
          an excellent bow, well made, looks good and shoots a lot better than I
          expected for a bow in this price range. I would recommend it to anyone who
          is shopping in that price range. I use the Martin ML14 myself and I am
          well pleased with it. I have three sons and we have bought several Sticks
          for them to use and they like them a lot. Two of the boys (they are all
          young adults now) would rather shoot their Sticks than to buy an ML14.
          Good luck to you and shoot well.

          Karrick

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 1999
            I have a 45# Stick and consider it to be my 'pocket rocket'. It is also
            my deer bow. (I own a few longbows). I'm considering getting a 30
            pounder for war. I think it's a winner.
            Aleksei
            AnTir