Re: [SCA-Archery] Fletching tape

  • aleksei1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 13, 2002
      I have used the tape successfully for the past 3 years and have had no
      problems with it letting go, even in the liquid sunshine of An Tir. I
      have also found it sticks well with a variety of finishes (my present
      favorite is satin wipe-on poly). I tend to paint the edges of the fletch
      with clear nail polish after applying them for that little extra
      protection.
      HL Aleksei Zateev
      OGGS
      An Tir

      On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:22:37 EST Howpatn@... writes:
      >In a message dated 2/13/02 9:17:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      >crossbow@... writes:
      > It seems the cheapest 'quick way' to fletch.
      > However, I've never heard of anyone using it. Are there drawbacks?
      >
      >I asked a bowyer about fletching tape. He doesn't recommend its use
      because
      >it may let go after use., and under wet conditions.
      >Howard

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.