Re: [SCA-Archery] Distance Shoots

  • Scott L Hecathorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2002
      At Pennsic Neko Mi held a Korean Shoot. It's a 160cm (I may be wrong, I
      just shot it, but its a BIG target) 150yds. out. The real method is each
      archer gets to shoot 5 arrows (since he didn't really want crossbows, but
      never stated that they couldn't play) at the target at their own leisure.
      The catch was that they could only shoot 1 arrow and wait for everyone
      else to shoot their arrow before they could shoot there second. This was
      supposed to eliminat the "sighting in" aspect of the shoot. You get to
      shoot a total of 40 arrows I believe. For simplicity we shot them in 5
      arrow incremints, all at once i.e. no waiting between shots. Even with
      that the top placing hand bow got 2 arrows to count for score. I guess if
      you get 5 or more, you can be registered in the Korean Society or
      something like that. It was really fun, if you don't mind a little
      walking.

      Robert

      On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:38:42 -0000 "hanhebin" <hamberg@...> writes:
      > I have just gained access to a range where I can shoot distance
      > shoots to ranges up to about 300 yards. When the snow melts next
      > month I am going to start staking out distances for York Round and
      > Clout shoots but I am looking for other distance shoots that are not
      >
      > only fun but can be scored. Does anybody have any specs on shoots
      > that they enjoy that are primarily shot at distances of at least 80
      >
      > yards?
      >
      > Michael

      > list]
      >

      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to