Re: The breaking of bows Re: [SCA-Archery] Period bows

  • Howpatn@cs.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 9, 2002
      Dear Gentles

      Having had the misfortune of watching a compound bow cable break at full
      draw, fortunately no one was seriously injured, I have the idea that Murphy's
      2nd law is enforce at the archery range. Remember we are placing great
      stresses on what is for all purposes one or more pieces of wood or a piece of
      molded fiberglass. I had a brand new string break just above the service. The
      halves went in opposite directions and the arrow, of course, went no where.

      Howard of Brockenhurst

    • David
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 4, 2013
        Greetings,

        Just wanted to thank everyone that took the time to post on my questions on the archery rules for AnTir. Part of my confusion was simply being new to SCA archery, and just not knowing what a few of the terms were describing. Now that Jon put it into terms I understood, it made sense to me. Thank again to everyone, and I hope to see my scores with yours soon in the Royal Rounds Period Rounds.

        In Service,

        Symon Baero