Re: [SCA-Archery] Straight vs. Not Straight

  • Dave AKA Morgan
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 5, 2002
      >Has anyone ever sat down and actually experimented by comparing straight
      >vs.
      >helical fletching of feathers?
      >
      >-Caedmon

      I have never done an official scientific test on the subject. But, I noticed
      after I started helically fletching my arrows that my accuracy seemed to
      improve.

      Works for me. *shrug*

      Morgan

    • Nest verch Tangwystyl
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 7, 2002
        Greetings all,

        I found this listing while wandering around on ebay. A very light weight
        British Long Bow is not easy to find. This would be a great first bow for
        some petite person who wants to try this style of shooting. Note the draw
        length is also short.

        I am not affiliated with Mr. St. Charles, who is selling the bow. I do
        have one of his bows which has been serving me well for years. I just
        thought I would point out this unusual find.

        Nest

        http://greetings.yahoo.com