RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Definition of "Period style bow"??

  • TLW
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 30, 2002
      Good point. It was my understanding that when fiberglass bows break..
      that's not pretty either. Luckily, I do not have any personal experience to
      confirm or deny those stories.

      BTW, I have to agree that I cringe when I see someone take the field with a
      really cool expensive bow. I actually gave my bow (inexpensive fiberglass)
      to someone to use instead. My bow did end up being struck without any
      negative effects, but both of us were happy he had my bow. He went out and
      bought an Indian bow for his own use.

      I do not want to restrict anyone from using a period-design bow, but I will
      point out possabilities to them of what could happen. More of a problem,
      IMO for kingdoms with full contact.

      Tessa the Huntress

      One other point to consider: The reason that fiberglass shafts are