Re: [SCA-Archery] Mongol bow sources?

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2002
      Great. Thank you for the information.

      Jon

      Elizabeth Lear wrote:

      > I have a Mongol bow from the standard SCA source (can't remember his
      > name right now!). I love it - it's smooth as silk and a pleasure to
      > shoot. I bought a PSE take-down recurve when I started shooting in
      > the SCA because it's a good bow and very affordable, but I knew the
      > PSE was simply a placeholder until I found the right handbow for
      > myself. After shooting the Mongol bow, I know this was the bow whose
      > place the PSE was holding. I've let some friends shoot the Mongol
      > bow, and they are also amazed at how little it stacks and how
      > comfortable it is. Now the PSE is used as a loaner. :)
      >
      > -Yelizaveta

    • john moore
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 28, 2002
        I am currently using the Hwrang 25, a reproduction of a 14th century Korean
        bow. I have found it to be a nice bow with little stack, alot of power and
        as some of our female members here say really cute. You can find them at
        3rivers archery or from http://www.koreanarchery.org/ which I believe sells
        them for a cheaper price. Iaen Mor