Re: [SCA-Archery] Mongol bow sources?

  • Elizabeth Lear
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2002
      I have a Mongol bow from the standard SCA source (can't remember his
      name right now!). I love it - it's smooth as silk and a pleasure to
      shoot. I bought a PSE take-down recurve when I started shooting in
      the SCA because it's a good bow and very affordable, but I knew the
      PSE was simply a placeholder until I found the right handbow for
      myself. After shooting the Mongol bow, I know this was the bow whose
      place the PSE was holding. I've let some friends shoot the Mongol
      bow, and they are also amazed at how little it stacks and how
      comfortable it is. Now the PSE is used as a loaner. :)

      -Yelizaveta
    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 28, 2002
        Great. Thank you for the information.

        Jon

        Elizabeth Lear wrote:

        > I have a Mongol bow from the standard SCA source (can't remember his
        > name right now!). I love it - it's smooth as silk and a pleasure to
        > shoot. I bought a PSE take-down recurve when I started shooting in
        > the SCA because it's a good bow and very affordable, but I knew the
        > PSE was simply a placeholder until I found the right handbow for
        > myself. After shooting the Mongol bow, I know this was the bow whose
        > place the PSE was holding. I've let some friends shoot the Mongol
        > bow, and they are also amazed at how little it stacks and how
        > comfortable it is. Now the PSE is used as a loaner. :)
        >
        > -Yelizaveta

      • john moore
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 28, 2002
          I am currently using the Hwrang 25, a reproduction of a 14th century Korean
          bow. I have found it to be a nice bow with little stack, alot of power and
          as some of our female members here say really cute. You can find them at
          3rivers archery or from http://www.koreanarchery.org/ which I believe sells
          them for a cheaper price. Iaen Mor