Re: [SCA-Archery] Going shopping!

  • Lou Davis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2002
      Hi, I am new to your group. The reason I signed up is
      my daughter has an interest in archery.

      A friend of ours custom made her a beautiful
      (short)long bow. She is only 5'1" and very petite.
      He is an artist and craftsman. If anyone is
      interested in meeting this man, I will gladly help you
      get in touch with him. Although he is more into the
      Black Powder Events, he can make you whatever you are
      looking for. He has been creating bows for many years
      and takes a great deal of pride in his work. He made
      the most beautiful Osage bow that I have ever seen.
      I'm not talking "bargain basement" ----- He crafts a
      quality custom product.

      LouAnne

      <+><+><+><+><+>Ailionora of Tal Mere<+><+><+><+><+>

      --- kmcwhyte@... wrote:
      > Sidenote --
      >
      > Although it *is* possible to find a bow and gear on
      > eBay and at garage sales, I strongly recommend you
      > check out the manufactured brands at your local
      > archery shop or online retailer. Reason for this --
      > less chance of running into defects with the bow.
      >
      > YIS,
      >
      > Lady Kayleigh McWhyte, "Mercenary Scribe" (East)

      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
      http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/