Re: [SCA-ThrownWeapons] Proposal for a fourth Peerage(long)

  • Bob & Nancy Upson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1999
      > I am putting together a proposal for a fourth peerage to be sent to the
      > SCA BOD for their January meeting. It will be for skill in the related
      > fields of non tournament martial activities, such as: Archery, equestrian,
      > fencing, thrown weapons and war combat. War combat would include: Missile
      > combat, siege engines, scouting, etc.

      Dear God, Jon, will this idea ever die? IMNSHO, it stunk on ice the
      last (dozen) time it came up and it'll stink on ice again. We *don't*
      need another 'specialty' peerage. We have too many already but
      we'll never *reduce* the number we have. How about we work to
      use the existing system to its fullest rather than adding more
      mistakes to an already horrendous award system?

      > I have set up a mailing list for discussion of this topic on Onelist. If
      > you are interested in discussing this topic please subscribe to the list.
      > This way, the discussion will all be on a single list rather than split all
      > over the sca archery, equestrian, fencing, missile combat, thrown weapons
      > and siege lists.

      *phew* =)