feather cuts/ was: Enlish Longbow

  • Russ Leighton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2001
      I do a thread wrap (whipping) on fletchings of all my period arrows and have
      shot them off a bare hand with no ill effects. I found that regular sewing
      thread wears out rather fast so I switched to a nylon thread that is used to
      wrap the guides on fishing poles. You can find it in any decent sporting
      goods store that caters to fishermen. If you are unfamiliar with the
      tecnique of whipping, books and online sources for fishing rod building
      describe it in detail. Happy shooting,

      Russ Michael Longshanks, Somewhere in Antir