Re: Queens Champion

  • Myfanwy12@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 1999
      Will anyone by attending Queens champion archery in Caid this year? I'm
      trying to get my parents to take me and I'm really freaked out about it. My
      mother's boyfriend won once, but I was wondering if anyone had any advise
      about it, like how to not get nervous and that kinda thing. Thanks.

      Muffy
    • jotl@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 1999
        At 6:29 PM 9/27/99 -0400, Myfanwy12@... wrote:
        >From: Myfanwy12@...
        >
        >Will anyone by attending Queens champion archery in Caid this year? I'm
        >trying to get my parents to take me and I'm really freaked out about it. My
        >mother's boyfriend won once, but I was wondering if anyone had any advise
        >about it, like how to not get nervous and that kinda thing. Thanks.
        >
        > Muffy

        My Hon. Lady and I certainly expect to (depending upon time and place; I do
        not believe QC Archery has been announced yet) -- we shot in the last one,
        at Darkwell. You *will* get nervous -- match nerves if nothing else. We
        all have to fight that one, no matter how experienced the archer is. You
        are really shooting against yourself, no one else. Relax and remember you
        are among friends.

        Who is your mother's boyfriend, if I may ask? (Couldn't be Paganus
        Grimlove. He's won it numerous times! ;-)

        James

        PS We're having a lovel archery match in Naevehjem on 31 Oct..

        jotl@...
      • Myfanwy12@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 1999
          My mother's Boyfriend is Halld�r Skaptason. We belong to Sea Wolfs Lair.
        • Karl Sandhoff
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 1999
            The best advise is what the members of the US Olympic archery team in
            1984 gave us at the party after the shooting; Just go out there and have
            fun. All the preparation is done at practice, by the time the
            competition comes around there's nothing you're going to gain by
            worrying. Do what you've been practicing and wait for the results. Then
            they handed around the Gold and Silver medals so all of us could have a
            piece of the experience. Believe me there's nothing like it.
            Carolus von Eulenhorst