Re: Hun!!!

  • James C Wolf
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 22, 1999
      Further thoughts on the Hun bow, on just having returned from the
      range-wax the upper and lower horns, just below and around the string
      holes-it will increase string life as the string wears/rubs in this area.
      Watch the wrappings on the string at top and bottom- they come loose and
      wear-wax helps here. The string wraps above and below the grip can come
      undone, watch for this. A little super glue stopped the unravelling on
      mine, at a cost to the looks.I read that the Turks placed a piece of
      Mother of Pearl on the grip under the arrow path to prevent wear on the
      wood- I used a piece of abalone shell. I fitted it to the grip, rounded
      the edges off, then used rubber cement and monofilament to tie it in
      place. I'll have to move it when I get a thumb ring, so permanence isn't
      wanted.The only way I have found to string it is by stepping thru and
      bending behind the leg-be careful! If you get hasty or careless, this bow
      WILL crack you solidly up side the head! I put the long(eared) end down
      and string up the lower end-the ears give some guidance and location for
      the "lower" string . Tie a piece of string or leather around this end,
      as it can come off and then all the work of bending and hooking up is
      wasted. This is a fun bow to shoot, and I wish you well with it. I love
      mine, and have found it worth every cent.
      FELIX