Re: [SCA-Archery] Thanks everyone!

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      The thing that stood out about what the "new archer" said, is that
      everyone on the list was nicer to him than at events.
      Well, even though we all seem like a group of extroverts, I have found
      that the majority of scadians can be a bit shy.(yes you read correctly).
      You have an interest, archery. Archers are a very supportative lot
      of people, like fighters and fencers and I'm sure other disciplines. You
      have a doorway in. The archers will befriend you, and sooner or later,
      others will come up and start talking to you and after a while, you're
      in. Then, and this is important, remember what it was like for you, and
      go out of your way to greet newbies. Don't leave it to the Chatalaine
      (they may be shy). Don't assume that the peers
      (Pelicans,Laurels,Knights,Crowns) are aloof. They are often the
      friendliest and most approachable. And if somebody treats you rudely,
      forget about it. They may be having a bad day and could turn out to be a
      good friend.(happens all the time).
      Welcome, hang in there and have a rip snortin good time.
      -Geoffrei

    • Ken Taylor
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        Well, at Simplefest people were more responsive than
        at a made for-fighting event. I really am no
        wallflower by any means. I have introduced myself many
        who appear not to be busy. I didnt mean it to sound
        like a pitty party. I understand that settling in
        sometimes takes time. No problem. Good things usually
        do :)

        By the way, is there sometimes a chat room in either
        AOL or Yahoo for SCAdians? If so, what are they titled
        usually?

        --- Talmon Parker <tt_ann@...> wrote:

        > Stop beng the wall flower. Step up and start a
        > conversation with some one
        > who looks about your own age.ASk him where he got
        > his garb,Jewelry,hat or
        > what ever. They will answer your inquiry, and will
        > probably feel good
        > because you asked.

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Talmon Parker
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
          Stop beng the wall flower. Step up and start a conversation with some one
          who looks about your own age.ASk him where he got his garb,Jewelry,hat or
          what ever. They will answer your inquiry, and will probably feel good
          because you asked.

          It worked in '85,so it will proably still work.
          Talmon

          DER BARON