Re: [SCA-Archery] Thanks everyone!

  • Talmon Parker
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      Stop beng the wall flower. Step up and start a conversation with some one
      who looks about your own age.ASk him where he got his garb,Jewelry,hat or
      what ever. They will answer your inquiry, and will probably feel good
      because you asked.

      It worked in '85,so it will proably still work.
      Talmon

      DER BARON

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        The thing that stood out about what the "new archer" said, is that
        everyone on the list was nicer to him than at events.
        Well, even though we all seem like a group of extroverts, I have found
        that the majority of scadians can be a bit shy.(yes you read correctly).
        You have an interest, archery. Archers are a very supportative lot
        of people, like fighters and fencers and I'm sure other disciplines. You
        have a doorway in. The archers will befriend you, and sooner or later,
        others will come up and start talking to you and after a while, you're
        in. Then, and this is important, remember what it was like for you, and
        go out of your way to greet newbies. Don't leave it to the Chatalaine
        (they may be shy). Don't assume that the peers
        (Pelicans,Laurels,Knights,Crowns) are aloof. They are often the
        friendliest and most approachable. And if somebody treats you rudely,
        forget about it. They may be having a bad day and could turn out to be a
        good friend.(happens all the time).
        Welcome, hang in there and have a rip snortin good time.
        -Geoffrei

      • Ken Taylor
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
          Well, at Simplefest people were more responsive than
          at a made for-fighting event. I really am no
          wallflower by any means. I have introduced myself many
          who appear not to be busy. I didnt mean it to sound
          like a pitty party. I understand that settling in
          sometimes takes time. No problem. Good things usually
          do :)

          By the way, is there sometimes a chat room in either
          AOL or Yahoo for SCAdians? If so, what are they titled
          usually?

          http://shopping.yahoo.com