Re: [SCA-Archery] Apples and Oranges?

  • Howpatn@cs.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2001
      > motorcycle and a car get you from point A to point B,
      > but do it quite differently.)

      Both motorcycles and cars operate on the same principle, converting the heat
      of burning fuel into mechanical energy. The major, other than size,
      difference between the motorcycle and cars is the number of wheels. I am
      licensed to drive both and Class A vehicles too.

      With crossbows and bows the major difference is the in the mechanics not the
      propulsion. Both use a bent stick as the propulsion device. It is still the
      shooter more than the weapon that is the deciding factor.

      Howard

    • Howpatn@cs.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2001
        > HARDLY... I dont see more than one moving part on a
        > hand bow.

        You see only one mechanical moving part. That's the difference.

        //You can go on thinking
        they are if you like if it makes you feel
        better.(sorry bout the sarcasm, Im frustrated)//

        Don't get frustrated. This isn't worth an ulcer.

        Howard