New to SCA and Archery.. need advice & help :0)
- Greetings all!
Im POSITIVE youve been thru all of this before with newbies BUT will
you try one more time for me? :) Im very new to the whole scene and
tinkered with a bow as a youth so I know I'll enjoy it. I dont think
Crossbows are an option. Too pricey from what I hear anyway...
compared to reg. bows anyway.
Could you help me with the following though?...
1. Long Bow or Composite.. and why?
2. What weight I should go with? Can you use just a cheesy fiberglass
bow like that had in Jr. high school? FYI, Im 5'5" with a 30" draw
lgth if it matters for bow choice.
3. Sources to buy quality bows and accessories (quivers, arrows etc.)
at REASONABLE prices ($200 or less.. much LESS preferred :)
4. Arrows.. something about spine strength? That, I need updating on
5. Typical Archer garb for 1400... ish?.. Do people wear armor
(leather or the like) when shooting?
Thank you very much for yout time and advice!