New to SCA and Archery.. need advice & help :0)

  • kdtaylor611@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2001
      Greetings all!

      Im POSITIVE youve been thru all of this before with newbies BUT will
      you try one more time for me? :) Im very new to the whole scene and
      tinkered with a bow as a youth so I know I'll enjoy it. I dont think
      Crossbows are an option. Too pricey from what I hear anyway...
      compared to reg. bows anyway.

      Could you help me with the following though?...

      1. Long Bow or Composite.. and why?
      2. What weight I should go with? Can you use just a cheesy fiberglass
      bow like that had in Jr. high school? FYI, Im 5'5" with a 30" draw
      lgth if it matters for bow choice.
      3. Sources to buy quality bows and accessories (quivers, arrows etc.)
      at REASONABLE prices ($200 or less.. much LESS preferred :)
      4. Arrows.. something about spine strength? That, I need updating on
      for sure.
      5. Typical Archer garb for 1400... ish?.. Do people wear armor
      (leather or the like) when shooting?

      Thank you very much for yout time and advice!

      Ken