Pennsic Novelty Shoots

  • Storm Dragon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2001
      I think I asked before but still am wondering who
      determines where and which novelty shoots are
      allowed and thus able to be printed in the
      official schedule... I am more than willing to
      set up and run a well thought out novelty shoot
      with even perhaps some "prizes" of merit if I
      knew it would be published and thus available to
      all interested. But to randomly bring targets
      and hope to get a time to set up and then hope
      word of mouth solicits attendence would not seem
      the most effective way to organize it all... so
      who "decides" and who compiles the schedule (so
      that I can send them an appropriate "tribute" to
      get a good timeslot ::grin::)

      Respectfully,

      Tobyn Kembold

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • James Pratt
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2001
        I did two or three Pennsics ago. Are you volunteering?

        James Cunningham

      • storm71097@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2001
          --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "James Pratt" <cunning@f...> wrote:
          > I did two or three Pennsics ago. Are you volunteering?

          Volunteering to run a shoot? DEFINITELY...

          Volunteering to coordinate the schedule? Hmmmmmm... I would with an
          abundance of help; I have only been to one Pennsic (XXX) and cannot
          be certain to be there for the whole event until some personal
          logistics (i.e. legal visitation/vacation schedules with my son) are
          worked out so I would probably not be the most certain of marshalls
          to handle such a task...

          If someone wants to coordinate it I would gladly help or even co-
          organize... but I also would not want to deprive more active
          marshalls or longer-established marshalls of the opportunity to
          be "in charge"...

          I'd be glad to help get a schedule printed ahead of time if we can
          have access to the "official events" schedule... plus this list
          would happily I am sure contribute to a fair compliment of ideas...

          but again.. who makes those decisions? I do not want to step on
          toes and cannot run it myself... but am willing to do more than my
          part in service to the Crown

          Tobyn Kembold
        • Susan Kell
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2001
            Hi Tobyn -
            Generally the ranking archery officer of whichever kingdom is running
            Pennsic assigns someone the task of coordinating novelty shoots for the
            War. Next summer is an East Kingdom-run War, and our Captain General of
            Archers will be Mistress Caitlin fitz Henry. She would be the one to check
            with this time 'round.
            -- Ygraine

            I think I asked before but still am wondering who
            determines where and which novelty shoots are
            allowed and thus able to be printed in the
            official schedule... I am more than willing to
            set up and run a well thought out novelty shoot
            with even perhaps some "prizes" of merit if I
            knew it would be published and thus available to
            all interested. But to randomly bring targets
            and hope to get a time to set up and then hope
            word of mouth solicits attendence would not seem
            the most effective way to organize it all... so
            who "decides" and who compiles the schedule (so
            that I can send them an appropriate "tribute" to
            get a good timeslot ::grin::)

            Respectfully,

            Tobyn Kembold

            http://personals.yahoo.com

            Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows