Re: other types of crossbows?

  • deicynmoel@yahoo.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2001
      Greetings,

      Alchem has a wonderful set of plans on-line at
      http://www.alcheminc.com/. This is very close to the early Northern
      European designs. I make my crossbows with 75 to 85 pound prods. I
      adjust the depth of the prod notch to ensure the 600 inch pound
      guideline is not exceeded.

      a simple string release. The string was pulled back and trapped in a
      groove cut into the tiller. Under the string, a tapered plug of wood
      was seated which extended through the tiller to the trigger. When the
      trigger was squeezed, the plug moved up which forced the string out of
      the groove which engaged the bolt. The "Fellwalker Crossbow" uses this
      design.

      YIS

      Deicyn Moel

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp