Local Archery Note

  • hamberg@fiber.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2001
      To Owen and any other Artemisia Archer that might be interested,

      Two NAA Instructors courses are being offered at Salt Lake
      Archery. The Level 1 course is offered on November 18th. It's a $30
      and included is all materials plus lunch and dinner (This is an all
      day course).

      A Level 2 course is being offered on Friday the 16th through
      Sunday the 18th. This is an $85 course with the materials and meals
      included. (Course runs 4 - 10pm Friday, all day Saturday and 9 am -
      4pm on Sunday).

      I don't know who is teaching the Level 1 course but I know Randi
      Smith, one of the national JOAD coaches is teaching the Level 2
      course. Anyone interested in additional information please feel free
      to contact me.

      On to items of shooting interest. The Utah Open is on December
      1st and 2nd. This is a full FITA shoot (60 arrows) on a standard 40
      cm 18 m FITA shoot but they do have a traditional division. Entry
      fee for the traditional event is $20. Should be a fun event in the
      traditional shooters as there should be several that will take the
      line. (For any of you interested the Championship division is $100
      and the Open division is $50).

      We are in active conversations at the DATUS club to put up a web
      page that will include ALL shooting events, ranges and leagues state
      wide (This will include all SCA archery shoots and events). Talk has
      been bantered about including nearby shoots outside the state. While
      these web pages will list numerous mundane events I can think of 4
      major tournaments over the next few months with traditional divisions
      of interest to SCA archers (Most are 18 m FITA shoots but one is an
      indoor American Round).

      YIS,
      Michael