Sil-O-Flex was Re: [SCA-Archery] Material Source (Fiberglass/UHMW/Delrin)

  • Eadric Anstapa
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2001
      Juliet-Yahoo <jjhazzard@...> said:

      > Siloflex also goes under the brand name of Silver Line. You can pick it up
      > at your local Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse. They offer it in rolls of
      > 100 ft for about $15.00 or 5 ft sections for about $4.00.
      >
      > Juliet

      Carefull!

      Sil-O-Flex is a brand named owned by Silverline Plastics Corp. Any Sil-O-
      Flex will be from Silverline. You need to be carefull because Silverline
      makes a lot of plastic pipe and not all of it is Sil-O-Flex and much of it we
      want to avoid. You cant simply look for Silverline and have it me safe.

      Siloflex is a term that is overused used when we really want to
      say "Polyethylene Piping made to ASTM D2239 or ASTM D2737 Standards from
      PE3408 Resin".

      Look at the document approved by the SAM that lists acceptable alternatives
      for Polyethylene Piping to be used in APD construction..

      In Service,

      --
      Lord Eadric Anstapa
      Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra