Re: the Proposal

  • Keith Hood
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 1999

      >I do like the true to your persona, but then that would rule out a
      >Scottish Gael shooting a turkish bow wouldn't it?

      Of course not. If ancient archers met under peaceful conditions, I
      gaurantee you they'd want to try out each others' gear. Shop talk is shop
      talk in any age. <G>

      I have read accounts of such things in the Middle East, mostly during the
      period of the Crusades, when actual fighting wasn't going on. When their
      were treaty conferences or trade days going on people might set up impromptu
      contests. Under such circumstances it would be unnatural if people didn't
      swap equipment for a while.

      Tomonaga

      --
      A long bow and a strong bow,
      And let the sky grow dark.

      -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
      By Robert E. Howard, who should be
      the patron saint of Ansteorra