Re: Guide Lines

  • Wade Hutchison
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 17, 1999
      At 01:14 AM 9/17/1999 , you wrote:
      >From: Robert L Brunnemer <hugewheels@...>
      >
      >Hallo!!!
      >
      ><<<how about: Bows, crossbows and arrows using non-period materials
      >must have those
      >materials either covered or disguised in a safe manner so the item is
      >unrecognizable as modern from a distance of 10 feet or more.>>>
      >
      >I like this if it is added that the covering would have to be in such a
      >manner that would have to be able to inspect the bow/crossbow for
      >defects.
      I think that falls under "safe manner", but if not then:

      Bows, crossbows and arrows using non-period materials must
      have those materials either covered or disguised in a safe
      manner, accessable for regular inspection.
      The item {bow, crossbow or arrow} will be unrecognizable...

      better?

      ><<< Not sure we need a separate arrow/bolt section>>>
      >
      >Why do you say this? I figured that it would be easier to designate
      >where the arrow parts would be if it was a seperate section.

      I just meant that if we make a blanket statement that bows, crossbows
      _and arrows_ should be made of period materials, or look like they
      are from 10 feet then the only arrow-specific thing you need to say is
      that modern field/target points will be allowed as an exception for
      normal target shooting. Just a suggestion - this is your ball, you
      run with it however you would like.

      ><snip>
      ><<<How about: Archers should wear clothing appropriate to the time period
      >of their equipment. Non-period fabrics and materials should be un-
      >recognizable as modern from a distance of 10 feet or more.>>>
      >
      >Do you think that you should also throw in location to the time period?
      >You could have a 10 Century Scottish Gael shooting a Mongol bow, but wear
      >10th century Italian garb.

      Ummm, yes - good point. ...clothing appropriate to the time period and
      location of their equipment...