Re: [SCA-Archery] bow string

  • Hal B. Clark
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 7, 2001
      Way togo. Making that first string is always a bit of mystery isn't it. Also
      kudos to James Cunningham for taking the time to teach.
      Walk Tall
      Gentle Ben

      Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

      > > I made my first bow string tonight! Not a flemish, but a 14-strand dacron
      > > string. And the bow didn't break on first use, either.
      >
      > I should also mention that it was James Cunningham who kindly walked me through
      > the entire process.
      >
      > -Caedmon

    • Chad and Erin Wilson
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2001
        > Way togo. Making that first string is always a bit of mystery isn't it. Also
        > kudos to James Cunningham for taking the time to teach.
        > Walk Tall
        > Gentle Ben

        A mystery, yes, and much patience. After having done one now, it doesn't seem
        so hard.

        -Caedmon
      • TCB
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 28, 2004
          Are there any merchants at Pennsic that sell bow strings or should I
          try to find a way to replace mine BEFORE I go out to war.
          And if there are any does anyone know where I might find them and how
          much I can exspect to spend.

          Thanks,
          Veronica
        • saintelmo.1@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 28, 2004
            There are at least 3 merchants that I know of at Pennsic that can make you a string, King Slayer is who I have used in the past and I have never had any problems with their stuff.
            THL Demetrious the Undecided

            > Are there any merchants at Pennsic that sell bow strings or should I
            > try to find a way to replace mine BEFORE I go out to war.
            > And if there are any does anyone know where I might find them and how
            > much I can exspect to spend.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Veronica

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • RJ Bachner
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 28, 2004
              I can make bow strings for ya and mail em too ya asap. I take paypal and their 10 bucks a peice.
              plus shipping which is 5 bucks.

              RJ Bachner
              Brokenaxe Archery
              7451 St Jacques west #2
              Montreal Quebec Canada
              H4B 1W7

              514-481-9116 between 9am and 9pm est.
              www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca

              ragi@...

              On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:58:53 -0000, you, with reckless abandon, wrote:

              >Are there any merchants at Pennsic that sell bow strings or should I
              >try to find a way to replace mine BEFORE I go out to war.
              >And if there are any does anyone know where I might find them and how
              >much I can exspect to spend.
              >
              >Thanks,
              >Veronica

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Cian of Storvik
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 28, 2004
                10 bucks! That's a lot of doe! (read deer).

                Actually, I can't pass up a price like that. I think I'll have to
                order atleast one from you.
                -Cian of Storvik (Bad puns a plenty).
              • RJ Bachner
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 28, 2004
                  On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:07:32 -0000, you, with reckless abandon, wrote:

                  >10 bucks! That's a lot of doe! (read deer).
                  >
                  >Actually, I can't pass up a price like that. I think I'll have to
                  >order atleast one from you.
                  >-Cian of Storvik (Bad puns a plenty).

                  Groan ok for that I just put my price up. :) nope pre pensic special. all year all time till the
                  costs go up. 10 bucks us a peice, 15 us for the tillering strings and 20 us for linen strings.

                  Just discovered I had linen left so hey want some?

                  RJ Bachner
                  Brokenaxe Archery
                  7451 St Jacques west #2
                  Montreal Quebec Canada
                  H4B 1W7

                  514-481-9116 between 9am and 9pm est.
                  www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca

                  ragi@...
                • John edgerton
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 28, 2004
                    Buy your new string now and practice with it. This will give it time
                    to do whatever stretching it is going to do. When you start shooting
                    with a new, and unstretched string your tuning will change.

                    Jon