Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA longbow bowyers

  • Howpatn@cs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
      A cursory surf of Yahoo found these makers of traditional bows.

      Pacific Yew, Inc.

      P.O. Box 721

      Fall City WA 98024

      Phone (425) 222-6726

      info@...

      Paul Rodgers, Primitive Bowyer
      Copyright © 1999
      All Rights Reserved
      www.woodbow.com
      925.634.1835

      stotler@...

      http://www.kyudo.com.html

      www.martinarchery.com

      I own a Martin longbow called the stick. It weighs 1.5 pounds and has a 55#
      pull.

      Howard

    • Jane Cummins
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
        Greetings,

        In the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands of Aethelmearc there resides a
        gentle new to the craft (Less than two years) Graedwyn ap Teirnan (?Spelling)
        Greg Nascone. I do not have his contact info but he won the master works
        competition at Pennsic 30 with a bow he made for me. I hope someone can help
        more with contact info.

        THL Jacopo di Niccolo
        Archery Scorekeeper , AEthelmearc

        John Edgerton wrote:

        > I received only info on only four bowyers that make medieval style
        > longbows, none of them in the SCA. Does anyone know of any SCA longbow
        > bowyers? Or any other bowyers?
        >
        > Jon
        >
        > LONGBOW BOWYERS
        >
        > Woodbows: woodbows.com
        >
        > Steve Ralphs: steve.ralphs@...
        >
        > Saxon Archery: www.saxonfox.com
        >
        > Baron Bows: salesbaronbows.com

      • TLW
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
          > In the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands of Aethelmearc there resides a
          gentle new to the craft (Less than two years) Graedwyn ap Teirnan
          > (?Spelling)Greg Nascone. I do not have his contact info but he won the
          master works
          > competition at Pennsic 30 with a bow he made for me.

          Here is the spelling for his name:

          Graedwyn mab Teyrnon

          He recently got a Sycamore (I made the scroll, heh.. which is how I got the
          spelling for his name). If ya'll are interested, I believe he has email and
          since he also fights heavy.. I can get it at one of the local fighter
          practices. He got his Sycamore for his bow-making.. although I have not
          seen one of his bows, that I know of.. I've heard excellant things about
          him. Jacopo, next time I'm at practice and you have his bow, can I look at
          it? (grin)

          Tessa