SCA longbow bowyers

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
      I received only info on only four bowyers that make medieval style
      longbows, none of them in the SCA. Does anyone know of any SCA longbow
      bowyers? Or any other bowyers?

      Jon

      LONGBOW BOWYERS

      Woodbows: woodbows.com

      Steve Ralphs: steve.ralphs@...

      Saxon Archery: www.saxonfox.com

      Baron Bows: salesbaronbows.com
    • Howpatn@cs.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
        A cursory surf of Yahoo found these makers of traditional bows.

        Pacific Yew, Inc.

        P.O. Box 721

        Fall City WA 98024

        Phone (425) 222-6726

        info@...

        Paul Rodgers, Primitive Bowyer
        Copyright © 1999
        All Rights Reserved
        www.woodbow.com
        925.634.1835

        stotler@...

        http://www.kyudo.com.html

        www.martinarchery.com

        I own a Martin longbow called the stick. It weighs 1.5 pounds and has a 55#
        pull.

        Howard

      • Jane Cummins
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
          Greetings,

          In the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands of Aethelmearc there resides a
          gentle new to the craft (Less than two years) Graedwyn ap Teirnan (?Spelling)
          Greg Nascone. I do not have his contact info but he won the master works
          competition at Pennsic 30 with a bow he made for me. I hope someone can help
          more with contact info.

          THL Jacopo di Niccolo
          Archery Scorekeeper , AEthelmearc

          John Edgerton wrote:

          > I received only info on only four bowyers that make medieval style
          > longbows, none of them in the SCA. Does anyone know of any SCA longbow
          > bowyers? Or any other bowyers?
          >
          > Jon
          >
          > LONGBOW BOWYERS
          >
          > Woodbows: woodbows.com
          >
          > Steve Ralphs: steve.ralphs@...
          >
          > Saxon Archery: www.saxonfox.com
          >
          > Baron Bows: salesbaronbows.com

        • TLW
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
            > In the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands of Aethelmearc there resides a
            gentle new to the craft (Less than two years) Graedwyn ap Teirnan
            > (?Spelling)Greg Nascone. I do not have his contact info but he won the
            master works
            > competition at Pennsic 30 with a bow he made for me.

            Here is the spelling for his name:

            Graedwyn mab Teyrnon

            He recently got a Sycamore (I made the scroll, heh.. which is how I got the
            spelling for his name). If ya'll are interested, I believe he has email and
            since he also fights heavy.. I can get it at one of the local fighter
            practices. He got his Sycamore for his bow-making.. although I have not
            seen one of his bows, that I know of.. I've heard excellant things about
            him. Jacopo, next time I'm at practice and you have his bow, can I look at
            it? (grin)

            Tessa