Moderator Request: Wind down the off-topic posts

  • wyvern@megahits.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2001
      All subscribers, please read:

      I understand the urge to post messages regarding the recent World
      Trade Center tragedy but urge that all such off-topic messages
      wind down over the course of this weekend.

      One of the primary goals of terrorism is to disrupt the target's
      normal activities and day-to-day foundation of routine and order.
      As a founder and moderator of this list, I do not intend to see that
      happen here.

      Please do not think that I am callous to the depth of this tragedy. I
      can assure you that, if for no other reason, as a professional
      firefighter the events of 9/11 strike very close to home.

      YIS,
      Macsen