Re: Beginner Help

  • hamberg@fiber.net
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 4, 2001
      > What I need to find is some of the less- or in-expensive recurves
      > that used to be available everywhere (the black or green-and-white
      > {Irish Spring} type bows at 20-25-30#.
      >
      > Does anyone have any idea where I can find those sorts of bows?

      Try an Internature bow. It's a wonderful starter bow and many of the
      local youth programs are using them and I think I bought mine last
      December for around $100. It's a break down recurve and you can buy
      limbs in 5 pound increments from 20# to 35# and I my bow has served
      me well.

      I will be in Sacramento next week visiting family and shooting a
      mundane archery tournament at Discovery Park. If you let me know
      where and when you shoot I'll be more than happy to join your group.
      HOWEVER, don't expect me to be at my best as last week I fell off a
      50 foot ledge and broke a few ribs.

      Michael
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 30, 2004
        The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
        the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
        high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
        and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
        rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
        bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

        James Cunningham