Re: [SCA-Archery] York round stuff

  • cwilson@mhmh.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
      I got well acquainted with the range of my 30# Recurve at an event this
      year. A very large field had a 175yd mark. Given my 29" arrows, I could
      not reach 175yds, but I estimate I did reach 150 to 160. I shot two 31"
      arrows I had and they came closer, but not much. I did not use my crossbow
      as I did not feel like losing my precious few bolts at the time.

      At Grand Tournament in 2002, we will have 122cm targets set to 60/80/100
      yards so people can try to shoot a York round. I was planning to go with
      the Prince's Reckoning of 9/7/5/3/1. I just hope I can pry myself away
      from marshalling the TW range long enough to try shooting one myself.

      -Caedmon
    • karl sandhoff
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
        Excellent ideas all. This points out the origin of our term "end" for a group of arrows shot at one time from one distance; those shot from one end of the field. I like the idea of the additional awards, I have often awarded tassels in baronial colors for new archers participating in their first kingdom level shoot. I, too, am the recipient of my mundane club's "green hound award". I keep it where I can see it from time to time to remind me where I started.
        --

        In Service to the dream,
        Carolus von Eulenhorst