Re: [SCA-Archery] (unknown)

  • Harry Bullings
    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 3, 2001
      Sot the golf course the next week and had a ball was lots of fun.
      plachoya
      insignificant archer
      Ravensfort, Ansteorra

      >From: "Talmon Parker" <tt_ann@...>
      >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >CC: iaenmor@..., eadric@...
      >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] (unknown)
      >Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 16:23:28
      >
      > Lord plachoya. You might try lord dale at the loch. They had a clout
      >shoot of about 100 yards or so. I ,as well as most of us found that our
      >bows
      >were either too weak or our arrows were too heavy.You realy need to get in
      >several practices with some lighter arrows. Have you run the golf course we
      >looked at on your range? I'll try to be there.
      > Talmon
      >

      > DER BARON

    • John R. Edgerton
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 18, 2013
        I am considering modifying the crouch so the archer only has to crouch while aiming and releasing. They may stand while nocking and drawing.

        Jon

        "lynn.palmieri" <lynn.palmieri@...> wrote:

        John,

        I like the challenge overall.  My only concern would be for those of us with damaged knees.  I personally am unable to crouch and hold that position to shoot.  Getting up and down of the ground is challenging, but doable, however it may depend on the state of the ground (i.e. fine dirt or mud vs. grass).  I know you said it would be the marshal’s choice, but these two options may need to be used as last resorts?  Just my $0.02.

        Elynor.