Re: Beginner Help

  • Dirk de Tovenaar
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 3, 2001
      Greetings Your Excellency

      I recommend to new archers on a limited budget the Martin Archery AMO-
      60". They run about $40 at any full-service Aarchery shop - look in
      the kids section. They are available at 25-30# - the one I use for
      combat archery tested at #28. I have a couple of them as loaners -
      all I did was replace the string with a "real" one and add a nock
      point.

      I'd rather see new archers using a *new* cheap bow than a potentially
      damaged used bow on "my" range...

      De Uwe in Dienst,

      Dirk van het Muiderslot (known as de Tovenaar),
      Commander of Die Wapentures van Tir Ysgithr
      Archery Lieutenant, Barony of Tir Ysgithr
      Acting Deputy Kingdom Combat Archery Marshal, Atenveldt
      Archery Marshall, Atenveldt

      =---> www.geocities.com/DdeTovenaar <---=

      "In my opinion archers are the most necessary thing in the world for
      an army" -Philippe de Commynes, 1447-1511
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 30, 2004
        The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
        the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
        high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
        and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
        rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
        bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

        James Cunningham