Re: [SCA-Archery] Beginner Help

  • Archie/Sebastian
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 2, 2001
      Your Excellency;

      Try swap meets and garage sales. That is where I got the ones I teach
      with.

      Juliet;

      What Kingdom/Barony do you reside in? Maybe we can get you in touch
      with a teacher.

      In Service
      Don Sebastian Frobishire
      Ansteorra/Steppes
      Sometimes Archery Champion
      Always willing to teach

      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 30 7:58 PM
        The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
        the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
        high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
        and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
        rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
        bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

        James Cunningham