Re: Beginner Help

  • greytaylor@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 2, 2001
      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "Juliet-Yahoo" <jjhazzard@y...> wrote:
      > Hey that sound like the one that I bought for my first one. Only
      problem is
      > that the handle is plastic.
      >
      > Juliet

      On this type of bow you really aren't going to get anything else but
      a plastic handle. F/S Archery sells them, so does 3Rivers, so does
      Kustom King... any of the larger companies should have them. The
      smaller traditional archery dealers are unlikely to put money into
      this kind of inventory, though.

      Don't discount swapmeets or flea markets, I frequently see these bows
      there.

      Taillear
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 30, 2004
        The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
        the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
        high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
        and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
        rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
        bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

        James Cunningham