Re: [SCA-Archery] Beginner Help

  • MCARTHUR JAMES
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 2, 2001
      For $29.95 there's a great red fiberglass Indian
      recurve available. Draw weight is supposedly 25-30
      lbs., but that's for a 25", not a 28", draw. At 28"
      it's more like 35 lbs.

      Try Three Rivers Archery.

      William

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 30, 2004
        The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
        the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
        high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
        and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
        rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
        bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

        James Cunningham