Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Horse Archery

  • Eric & Mary Ward
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 1904
      >Am not sure if it is the gentle that i saw at lilies or not, but the
      >description sounds right, but he is not from Calontir, as he was not
      >familiar with our rules.

      My impression was that he was from Ansteorra; however, I, like Gwilym, only spoke with him briefly.
      Owen ap Howell, now residing in Artemisia
      --

      "If we really learned from our past mistakes,
      most of us would never get out of bed in the morning!"
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2001
        I also saw the gentle whom you seek, and spoke with him for a few moments
        but didn't think to ask where he was from. He had the weirdest style of
        shooting I've ever seen-gripping the bow (one of Kassai's Magyars, I
        believe) with his left hand, parallel to the ground, palm down with the
        string OVER the arm, and drawing with the right so that the thumbs faced
        each other. He had pretty bad accuracy, and when I questioned him about
        the style, he said that it was a style of horse archery. If anyone
        recognizes this, please post to the net.
        YIS, Ld. Felix, Saethyr Fyrdman
      • Joseph
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2004
          Naima

          I can make you a set of horsebow arrows Let me know the draw weight
          and draw length and region your persona is from such as Asia or the
          American Great Plains, which are the predominant regions for horse
          archery.

          Joseph McCoy
          Ravens Cove