Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Legal Targets

  • James Pratt
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 2, 2001
      I have always enjoyed long distance shoots. Everything from Pennsic clout,
      to a golf ball on a paper tub at Simple Day. The Lillies target was a 2X4
      with painted circles on the ground.

      James Cunningham

      >> We will be shooting a traditional 100 yd Wand at Great Western War
      >> this year. I plan on using 2" wood lath for the target. We are
      >> shooting this after the clout so people are used to the range.
      >
      >Is this called the "Powerball Shoot"? Your chances are better at
      >winning the lottery?
      >
      >Michael

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 30, 2004
        The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
        the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
        high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
        and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
        rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
        bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

        James Cunningham