Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Horse Archery

  • Eric & Mary Ward
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 1904
      >Am not sure if it is the gentle that i saw at lilies or not, but the
      >description sounds right, but he is not from Calontir, as he was not
      >familiar with our rules.

      My impression was that he was from Ansteorra; however, I, like Gwilym, only spoke with him briefly.
      Owen ap Howell, now residing in Artemisia
      --

      "If we really learned from our past mistakes,
      most of us would never get out of bed in the morning!"
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 31, 2001
        Friends,
        You may wish to talk with my co-scribe, Evian Blackthorn. He and his son
        are currently training their horses for a possible future in horse
        archery/combat. He is becoming quite the authority on the subject, and if
        it was not him you talked to, he may know who it was.
        He can be reached via: theweb@...

        With Noble Respect,

        Robert de Spencer
        Wine Merchant of Burgundy
        aka the forgotten archer
        (mka Joseph P Spencer III, Staff Editor for DSK Historical Publishing, Inc.)

        Visit Bodkin & Bolt ONLINE! Your SOURCE
        for SCA Archery information, and much more!
        www.dskonline.net/bodkin
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2 3:56 PM
          I also saw the gentle whom you seek, and spoke with him for a few moments
          but didn't think to ask where he was from. He had the weirdest style of
          shooting I've ever seen-gripping the bow (one of Kassai's Magyars, I
          believe) with his left hand, parallel to the ground, palm down with the
          string OVER the arm, and drawing with the right so that the thumbs faced
          each other. He had pretty bad accuracy, and when I questioned him about
          the style, he said that it was a style of horse archery. If anyone
          recognizes this, please post to the net.
          YIS, Ld. Felix, Saethyr Fyrdman
        • Joseph
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2004
            Naima

            I can make you a set of horsebow arrows Let me know the draw weight
            and draw length and region your persona is from such as Asia or the
            American Great Plains, which are the predominant regions for horse
            archery.

            Joseph McCoy
            Ravens Cove