Legal Targets

  • cwilson@mhmh.org
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 29, 2001
      Lord Angall Ó Fearghail wrote, "Is there a standard set of rules anywhere
      on the net that I can get my hands
      on? I [am] building targets for an Archery event we are holding up here in
      Dragon dormant and I want to make sure that the targets are 'legal'"

      I do not believe any such standards exist outside of the IKAC and Royal
      Rounds. Wands change from event to event, slots get shorter and taller,
      distances change. Actually, the 60cm FITA target is the only 'legal'
      target that doesn't change from event to event. Maybe a new inter-Kingdom
      shoot needs to be developed that uses more novel targets to compare archers
      from across the globe?

      -Caedmon
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 30, 2004
        The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
        the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
        high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
        and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
        rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
        bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

        James Cunningham