Re: new list

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
      Personally, at least for awhile, I'm going to shut the hell up and just
      shoot arrows.

      Taillear
    • Ian Gourdon
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
        Well, sure.
        Shooting comes first, at least for me. I shoot a modern 45# recurve, a
        35# longbow, and just now aquired a 125# crossbow, which was made by
        Patric McPhelan. Nice late period style with a rolling nut. It's hard to
        do them all justice when the archery range is 30 minutes away, and they
        don't allow crossbows. So, Monday night we went to the Eastwatch (NE
        Ohio) practice, an hour away. At least I got the crossbow warmed up a
        little. The shutting up part is a little harder, for me: I felt it
        likely that the poor lass who made the 'break-the-camels-back' comment
        had no idea who she was speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
        for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.
        Ian Gourdon

        Guy Taylor wrote:

        > From: "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@...>
        >
        > Personally, at least for awhile, I'm going to shut the hell up and just
        > shoot arrows.
        >
        > Taillear

        > You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
        > Drawing is held each week through August 20. For details, go to
        > http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

        Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
        - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
        http://web.raex.com/~agincort
      • Deann E. Allen
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
          Ian Gourdon wrote:

          > From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
          [snip]
          > I felt it likely that the poor lass who made the
          > 'break-the-camels-back' comment had no idea who she was
          > speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
          > for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.

          In all my experience on lists and on the old BBS's, only one
          person -- the moderator -- *ever* has any right to suggest that
          a participant go elsewhere.

          D.
        • D Humberson
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 1999
            Ian,

            If you live reasonably close to Pittsburgh, email me privately - we're doing
            4 practices a week while the light holds.

            Ragnar Ketilsson

            >From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
            >To: SCA-Archery@onelist.com
            >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] new list
            >Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:36:02 -0400
            >
            >From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
            >
            >Well, sure.
            >Shooting comes first, at least for me. I shoot a modern 45# recurve, a
            >35# longbow, and just now aquired a 125# crossbow, which was made by
            >Patric McPhelan. Nice late period style with a rolling nut. It's hard to
            >do them all justice when the archery range is 30 minutes away, and they
            >don't allow crossbows. So, Monday night we went to the Eastwatch (NE
            >Ohio) practice, an hour away. At least I got the crossbow warmed up a
            >little. The shutting up part is a little harder, for me: I felt it
            >likely that the poor lass who made the 'break-the-camels-back' comment
            >had no idea who she was speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
            >for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.
            >Ian Gourdon
            >
            >Guy Taylor wrote:
            > >
            > > From: "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@...>
            > >
            > > Personally, at least for awhile, I'm going to shut the hell up and just
            > > shoot arrows.
            > >
            > > Taillear

            > > You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
            > > Drawing is held each week through August 20. For details, go to
            > > http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

            > > of Barony Beyond the Mountain, East Kingdom
            >
            >--
            >Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
            >- Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
            >http://web.raex.com/~agincort

            >How do you enter ONElist�s WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
            >By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program. For details, go to
            >http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

          • Robert Skidmore
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 1999
              sorry guys.. I need the information on how to resubscribe to the combat
              archery list... thanks... thunder storms are a bugger.... Robert

              ----------

            • Bob & Nancy Upson
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 1999
                > sorry guys.. I need the information on how to resubscribe to the combat
                > archery list... thanks... thunder storms are a bugger.... Robert

                Either by visiting http://onelist.com/subscribe/sca-
                missilecombat.html or by sending a blank email to sca-
                missilecombat-subscribe@onelist.com

                Macsen
              • Kevin
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 11, 2013