Better War

  • Evian Blackthorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2001
      Demetrious wrote:
      >This is a shameless plug for Better War

      This is also a shameless plug. I am editor of Bodkin and
      Bolt, an online magazine for the SCA Archer. We run FREE
      event announcements for SCA branches in our magazine. If you
      would like "Better War Through Archery" (or any other SCA
      event that includes archery) publicized, simply have the
      autocrat send me an announcement that I can put online, and
      I will do so. This is NOT a limited, one-time offer. This is
      a regular feature of the magazine. I can be reached at
      theweb@..., or evian@....

      Your's in Service
      Evian Blackthorn of THE WEB
      http://www.spider-strands.com
      Editor, Bodkin and Bolt Magazine
      http://www.dskonline.net/bodkin
    • agincort@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2005
        > Due to a family situation, I was only able to attend Better War
        > Through Archery for a a couple hours last week, but I had a terrific
        > time!
        >
        > For those who were there, I was the rather stout fellow wearing the
        > blue and black coathardie, the cervellier helmet and shooting the
        > yew
        > longbow.
        >
        > Everyone was very friendly and the shoots were fun. I met a few
        > foresters who offered good natured advice (like reminding me gently
        > NOT nock my arrow behind the line) and offering some advice on
        > shooting consistently with a bare bow (thanks Forester William).
        >
        > The shoots were fun, and I didn't do badly for not shooting since
        > Spetember!
        >
        > Thanks all!
        >
        > Michael de Bernay

        Nice garb, pretty bow. I have to agree, fun event. Tremendous meat fest
        for dinner.
        Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe - Midrealm Forester, OP
        "From the point of view of an arrow, chain mail can
        be thought of as a series of loosely connected holes." -Terry Pratchett