RE: [SCA-Archery] Pennsic Archery Champions Results

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2001
      At 08:02 PM 8/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:
      >I was told afterward that the Long Distance shoot rules permitted
      >discussion of the distances, and that the Midrealm team wisely and
      >effectively did so but the Eastern team did not...

      As an alternate this year for the East, I can attest to this being a
      'confusion point', and a bit of a sticky point.

      In year's past, no distances could be discussed.

      This year, the East shot the point first, and 'assumed' that distances
      could not be discussed. The Mid however, re-read the rules, noting that
      distances could be discussed, and used it wisely, sending their crossbowmen
      up front to fire a few ranging shots, then letting everyone else know the
      range ....

      Siegfried

      Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal