Fletching theories compliation

  • Evian Blackthorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 11:21 PM
      james kennedy <hvitabjorn@...> wrote:
      >Don't forget Cuckoo feathers, which will make your
      >arrow hide in the middle of someone else's target.

      Of course, even if they are hiding, you can still find
      them fairly easily. Just wait till the end of the hour, and
      listen.
      Swallow feathers are also good for recovering your
      arrows. Just wait until spring, and go to San Juan
      Capistrano. They always return there. Unless you fletch with
      feathers from European or African Swallows. With one or the
      other of those, you can just follow the trail of cocnuts.
      Now which was it?
      Not that it makes the arrows any easier to find, but I do
      understand the Mongols had great success using feathers from
      Goldeneye Ducks for fletchings on their whistling arrows.
      Didn't even need a special head.
      However, a word of warning to Ayllyth: Don't use those
      moulted feathers you were told about. They just fall off.

      Evian Blackthorn of THE WEB
      http://www.spider-strands.com
      Editor, Bodkin and Bolt Magazine
      http://www.dskonline.net/bodkin