Re: [SCA-Archery] Fletching Theories compilation

  • Bliss Blisstasy
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
      here we go again

      not before stealing the closest young lassies as well

      oh bad bad newbie

      ...There is magic yet in a gold sunset
      Power'neath a midnight sky
      And many a thrill lies over the hill
      For a dreamer such as I.
      (When Dragonslayers Grow Up)
      by Kate Tompkins

      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
        Dear Caedmon,
        Have you ever seen a real dragon flying? I didn't think so. I have
        seen a real tiger attacking. I think I'll side with the tiger. :-P
        It's all in fun
        -Geoffrei

      • Carolus von Eulenhorst
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 1, 2001
          Yes, and if you you use Eider duck feathers, your arrows simply go down.
          In service to the dream,
          Carolus von Eulenhorst
          eulenhorst@...

          On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 00:27:21 -0500 "Bliss Blisstasy"
          <blisstasybliss@...> writes:
          >here we go again
          >
          >not before stealing the closest young lassies as well
          >
          >oh bad bad newbie
          >
          >...There is magic yet in a gold sunset
          > Power'neath a midnight sky
          > And many a thrill lies over the hill
          > For a dreamer such as I.
          >(When Dragonslayers Grow Up)
          >by Kate Tompkins
          >

          >>Lord Caedmon Wilson, Midrealm
          >>
          >>Did anyone mention that if you used Dragon Wings to fletch your
          >arrows,
          >>that
          >>they would only want to fly east? (vague reference to midrealm and
          >eastern
          >>kingdom for those are not from the midrealm or east)
          >>
          >>-Caedmon

          >>Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!
          >Messenger
          >>http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          >>
          >>---8<---------------------------------------------
          >>Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows
          >>Need a bow? Check http://www.baronbows.com/

          >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • Bruce R. Gordon
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
            Greetings
            Yes, that's so. And of course Phoenix feathers are the most sought-after
            for fire arrows, becuse if you wait long enough you get your arrow back
            after the target burns down...

            Nigel (Mid)

            Archie/Sebastian wrote:

            > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from Pegasus does that mean the
            > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring minds want to know.
            >
            > In Service
            > Don Sebastian Frobishire
            > Ansteorra/Steppes

            Ex Tenebra, Lux

          • Carl West at home
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
              "Ayllyth Pìobaire" wrote:

              > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
              > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved....
              > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
              > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names...

              Fritz = Meister Frydherik Eysenkopf, OL, OCT, Sagg, etc.
              Carolingia, East

              --
              Carl West
              mailto:eisen@...

              Wann ich aufhöre zu lernen, begrabe mich.
            • Jack Bradley
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                I knew some one would turn me in
                see you next week ;-)
                Ragnar

                Susan Kell wrote:

                > Hi Ayllyth -
                > Well, "Ragnar" is Lord Ragnar Two Ax of the Reeking Swamp (East Kingdom),
                > "Geoffrei" is Lord Geoffrei St. Alban of Eastwood and "Fritz" is Meister
                > Frydherich Eisenkopf (all East Kingdom). Nest is from the East also, and
                > you have her whole name.
                > -- Ygraine
                > (E.K. Archery Scorekeeper, so I shoot with these good folk a lot -- *and* I
                > have to type their names often!)

              • AyllythPìobaire
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                  --- corr.mhaire@... wrote:
                  > Well at least you didn't goose and run <grins>

                  Och, nae, i only do that to the lads at work.... ;)

                  =====
                  8) Ayllyth P�obaire 8)
                  House of the Argent Greyhound (http://www.geocities.com/ayllyth/ )
                  Barony of Calafia, Kingdom of Caid
                  For your next feast and/or revel, visit
                  http://www.thewildoats.com !

                  http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                • AyllythPìobaire
                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                    --- Archie/Sebastian <sbstn@...> wrote:
                    > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from
                    > Pegasus does that mean the
                    > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring
                    > minds want to know.

                    Only if you are wearing jodhpurs....

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                      wrote:
                      > Yes, and if you you use Eider duck feathers, your
                      > arrows simply go down.

                      Boo, hiss....

                      Do they land softly?

                      =====

                    • psobaka@myriad.net
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                        Would mocking bird only mock your shooting?
                        plachoya

                        >Greetings
                        > Yes, that's so. And of course Phoenix feathers are the most sought-after
                        >for fire arrows, becuse if you wait long enough you get your arrow back
                        >after the target burns down...
                        >
                        >Nigel (Mid)

                        Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
                      • Carl (checking home mail from work)
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                          psobaka@... wrote:

                          > Would mocking bird only mock your shooting?

                          The arrow would do exactly what some other arrow had done, no knowing
                          which though until it did it.

                          -- Fritz
                        • Scott Jaqua
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                            Unto Ayllyth,

                            I think you well know who Njall is..............

                            Scott B. Jaqua

                            SCA Link http://sjaqua.tripod.com

                            Gaming Link http://www.geocities.com/sjaqua/
                          • AyllythPìobaire
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                              --- Scott Jaqua <sjaqua@...> wrote:
                              > Unto Ayllyth,
                              >
                              > I think you well know who Njall is..............

                              Grin . . . Hugs to you and your Lady wife!

                              d'you want me to include the two links in your tag?

                              =====

                            • blkknighti@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                In a message dated 8/2/01 10:19:31 AM, PÏobaireayllyth@... writes:

                                << --- Archie/Sebastian <sbstn@...> wrote:
                                > So now I am curious. If you used feathers from
                                > Pegasus does that mean the
                                > arrows will only fly towards the heavens? Inquiring
                                > minds want to know. >>

                                If you use horse feathers, you may not hit the target but everyone believes
                                you did.

                                Richard
                              • Scott Jaqua
                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                  Just include the SCA link........

                                  Njall

                                  Scott B. Jaqua

                                  SCA Link http://sjaqua.tripod.com

                                  Gaming Link http://www.geocities.com/sjaqua/
                                  > > I think you well know who Njall is..............
                                  >
                                  > Grin . . . Hugs to you and your Lady wife!
                                  >
                                  > d'you want me to include the two links in your tag?
                                • Talmon Parker
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 2, 2001
                                    If you used secretaty bird feathers maybe they could keep score between
                                    rounds At least they have long legs and could run down check the line shots.
                                    Talmon Wilbanks Canton of gated edge ,kingdom of Ansteorra

                                    DER BARON

                                    >From: Carl West at home <eisen@...>
                                    >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                    >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Fletching Theories compilation
                                    >Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 07:43:00 -0400
                                    >
                                    >"Ayllyth P�obaire" wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Okay, since it looks like moulting season is over
                                    > > (duck&run), i'm compiling the msgs i saved....
                                    > > But i think it'd be nice to at least know what kingdom
                                    > > or barony y'all are from -- and proper names...
                                    >
                                    >Fritz = Meister Frydherik Eysenkopf, OL, OCT, Sagg, etc.
                                    >Carolingia, East
                                    >

                                    >--
                                    >Carl West
                                    >mailto:eisen@...
                                    >http://people.ne.mediaone.net/eisen
                                    >
                                    >Wann ich aufh�re zu lernen, begrabe mich.

                                  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                      I don't know but they stay warm.
                                      In service to the dream,
                                      Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                      eulenhorst@...

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                        Don't forget Cuckoo feathers, which will nake your arrow hide in the niddle of someone else's target.

                                        Cnut

                                      • John Rockwell
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                          What about a Raven? Will they fly above your head screeching ?
                                          Ian Griffen
                                          james kennedy <hvitabjorn@...> wrote:
                                          Don't forget Cuckoo feathers, which will nake your arrow hide in the niddle of someone else's target.

                                          Cnut

                                          Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

                                        • Mike Hornbaker
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 3, 2001
                                            Is the raven screeching " Nevermore" ?

                                            Michael